Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Took some pics this morning. I tried to find the places that needed the most work. Lots harder to do that on this boat versus the banshee...
Here are some showing the overall condition of the hull and cockpit (which I deem very good - after a bit of buffing). I have a few options with the missing hatch covers that I am mulling over. There is a guy in Oklahoma that just wrecked his bucc18 hull and he is parting it out - but is pretty darn proud of the pieces. I was also thinking that I might make some wood doors (hopefully out of hedge) which I think would look pretty nice.


I can't really photograph it now, but there is a small leak in the hull at the bottom of the daggerboard well. That is really job number one for me to fix (She will sail without hatch covers, right?)



I am going to try and replace the scuppers with auto-bailers (hopefully I can find them used).


The wood trim pieces will hopefully be replaced with hedge pieces that I plan on making, assuming I can acquire some more from Wade.

No comments:

Post a Comment